The most advanced Direct Drive system officially licensed for PlayStation®5.
The all-new ClubSport DD+ delivers 15 Nm of consistent torque performance with incredible responsiveness and dynamics. Your favourite racing sim suddenly became much more realistic.
DIRECT DRIVE THE RIGHT WAY.
Not all Direct Drive systems are created equally. Decades of experience with force feedback technology have contributed to the many structural and electronic control optimisations in the ClubSport DD+ to deliver industry-leading performance in its class.
AN EXCEPTIONAL PLAYSTATION DRIVING EXPERIENCE.
Combining PlayStation®5 console performance with FANATEC® Direct Drive technology for the smoothest and most dynamic force feedback sensations. Of course, the ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base works on PC too.
Consistent torque, lap after lap.
Engineered to meet strict cooling requirements, the ClubSport DD+ is the most thermally stable Wheel Base in its class, so you can have absolute confidence that the torque output and force feedback will remain consistent, no matter how long you drive.
Many mass-market direct drive systems fail to hold their claimed torque figures, gradually derating (reducing motor performance) over time to avoid overheating. The efficient motor and thermally-optimised layout holds a genuine 15 Nm torque even in the most extreme conditions, for example running an endurance race at maximum force feedback settings
FEEL THE GRIP.
Outstanding thermal stability translates to consistent performance, so you can always trust the information you’re receiving through the wheel. You can only truly feel the tyre grip and drive at the limit when your equipment performs the same throughout the session. ClubSport DD+ will help to train your muscle memory and become a better driver.
Lightning fast acceleration.
The speed of the ClubSport DD+ servo motor allows us to fine-tune its behaviour with more accuracy than any previous Fanatec Wheel Base. This means your steering wheel can feel very active, clearly communicating the smallest details, while also feeling perfectly stable, and resistant to unwanted oscillation.
FULLFORCE: FORCE FEEDBACK 2.0 FOR DIRECT DRIVE.
The existing force feedback protocol was designed for gear and belt-driven devices – the only hardware available at the time. FullForce is a new force feedback protocol tailored specifically for FANATEC® Direct Drive. Leveraging the instantaneous response and zero backlash of direct drive technology, FullForce generates high-frequency vibrations for a new level of immersive effects. Feel the engine revs, and details of the road surface like never before. Only FullForce gives you the full experience of driving a race car.
Class-leading slew rate performance combined with the powerful processor makes every motor reaction incredibly fast and dynamic, while remaining perfectly stable. This behaviour lends itself to traditional force feedback signals as well as enhanced FullForce signals (in supported games).
Solid as a rock.
Unbelievable power in a compact package.
By splitting the rotor into offset segments, cogging torque is naturally reduced. Combined with our patented FluxBarrier technology which increases efficiency and smoothness, the result is crystal-clear force feedback information in every driving situation.
The ClubSport DD+ was designed with QR2 in mind from the ground-up. The QR electronics module is now fully integrated with the shaft, significantly improving its strength. Exchanging the QR2 design to QR1 only removes the outer metal flange, meaning that there is no electronic connection to swap.
- Officially licensed for PlayStation®5 consoles and PlayStation®4 consoles
- Direct Drive servo motor
- Custom-designed in Germany for the ClubSport DD+ specifically for sim racing
- 15 Nm consistent torque
- Optimised skew angle on rotor magnets reduces cogging torque
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrier technology improves motor efficiency and smoothness
- FullForce technology
- New force feedback protocol developed for Fanatec Direct Drive
- Super low-latency detail effects through fine motor frequency control
- Passively cooled Wheel Base
- Most thermally stable Wheel Base in its class
- Consistent performance under the most extreme conditions
- Wheel Base optimised for QR2 from the ground-up
- Electronics module integrated with shaft
- Diecast aluminium with CNC-machined finish
- Motorsport-derived quick release system
- QR1 downgrade possible (sold separately)
- Works out-of-the-box on Windows PC and PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4 consoles
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures compatibility out of the box for all major racing games
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences
- High-resolution (contactless) Hall-position-sensor
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable)
- Slip ring system (life-tested for thousands of hours) provides cable-free delivery of power and data between Steering Wheel and Wheel Base without the need for a mechanical limiter (allows for high steering angle settings)
- Compatible with entire Fanatec ecosystem (see Compatibility section for details)
- T-nut rail system on sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard-mounting
- Power supply
- USB-C to PC / console
- Shifter 1
- Shifter 2 (Sequential only)
- CAN (for future Fanatec peripherals)
- Front-mounted threaded inserts for future Fanatec accessories. Not intended for front-mounting the wheel base to a sim racing chassis/cockpit.
- This product is compatible with all PlayStation®4 consoles and PlayStation®5 consoles.
- This product is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
- Other platforms: Compatibility with other platforms depends on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
Please note: PC and other platform compatibility is tested by Fanatec, but not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
The ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base is compatible with:
- All Fanatec Steering Wheels*
- All Fanatec Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- ClubSport Shifter (all versions)
- ClubSport Handbrake
- All Fanatec Cockpits
- ClubSport DD Table Clamp
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- Podium Mounting Brackets (the ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base includes M6 T-nuts for side-mounting; the Podium Mounting Brackets require the use of M6 bolts and washers)
Note: ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles are not supported.
*Older QR1 Steering Wheels without an exchangeable quick release require the QR1 Base-Side (Type-F) accessory.
- Not suitable for children.The fast movements of the steering wheel and strong torque can be dangerous. Please read the safety instructions.
- Steering Wheels fitted with QR1 Lite Wheel-Side or QR2 Lite Wheel-Side will be limited to 8 Nm torque.
- The ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base is developed under the official licensing program for PlayStation® and will work with PlayStation®5 and Playstation®4 subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval. PC compatibility not tested nor endorsed by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Dimensions (L x W x H):5cm x 39.5cm x 25.5cm
- Volume weight:26kg
- ClubSport DD+ Wheel Base
- QR2 Base-Side (Type-F) preinstalled
- Power Supply (regional)
- 4x T-nuts for rail mount system
- USB cable (Type-C to Type-A)
- Quick Guide
|Force Feedback drive system
|Adjustable hole positions (T-slot)
|Degrees of rotation
|Up to 2520°