Motorsport-derived quick release system.
The QR2 Wheel-Side features an all-aluminium construction that is robust and durable. The all-new mechanical design of QR2 delivers rock-solid performance at the highest level.
The tapered shape automatically ensures a tight fit, and precision manufacturing tolerances result in a robust connection between your Steering Wheel and Wheel Base. The self-aligning mechanism ensures the electrical contacts are always protected.
The QR2 mechanical coupling was developed for use in real-world motorsport. It was originally used in the 2022 BMW M4 GT3 race car and has since seen further improvements for sim racing. The Pro variant (available here) is designed for use in future motorsport applications.
Ready when you are.
Upgrade compatible FANATEC® Steering Wheels with an exchangeable quick release to QR2.
Spring-loaded locking pins allow for fast and secure switching of steering wheels. Hot-swap between different wheel styles without needing to restart the sim or your Wheel Base.
EVERYTHING JUST CLICKS.
Steering Wheel attachment has never been easier. Simply bring the wheel towards the base and push to fit – no need to touch the quick release.
- Motorsport-derived quick release (wheel-side)
- Diecast aluminium with CNC-machined and black anodised finish
- QR2 design
- Spring-loaded locking pin mechanism is far stronger and more secure than QR1
- Tapered shape naturally ensures a tight fit
- No additional locking parts or adjustments required
- Transfers power and data from a Fanatec Wheel Base to a Fanatec Steering Wheel
- Can be attached to Wheel Base without touching the spring-loaded sleeve mechanism
- Fits all Fanatec Steering Wheels with an exchangeable quick release (see compatibility list below)
- Connects to all QR2 Base-Side variants
- Podium Wheel Base DD1 (after QR2 upgrade)
- Podium Wheel Base DD2 (after QR2 upgrade)
- Podium Racing Wheel F1® (after QR2 upgrade)
- CSL DD (with QR2 upgrade)
- Gran Turismo DD Pro (with QR2 upgrade)
- CSL Universal Hub
- CSL Universal Hub V2
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC
- CSL Steering Wheel BMW
- CSL Steering Wheel P1 V2
- ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports V2
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2
- ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® PS4 from Podium Racing Wheel F1®
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5 / V2.5 X
- ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2 V2
- ClubSport Steering Wheel RS
- ClubSport Universal Hub V2
- ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox
- Podium Hub
- Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3
- To use a Steering Wheel fitted with this product, the Wheel Base must also be equipped with a QR2 Base-Side.
- Click here for all the details about QR2.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 3cm x 13cm x 9.7cm
- Weight: 57kg
- Volume weight: 44kg
- QR2 Wheel-Side
- 1x Allen key (4 mm)
- 1x Allen key (3 mm)
- 1x Torx driver (T10)
- 2x Plastic washers
- 4x Bolts (T10)