CSL DD. The new standard.
FANATEC® Direct-Drive technology comes to the CSL Series. From subtle sidewall flex to powerful self-aligning torque, you’ll feel everything with a heightened sense of realism. Exceptionally crisp and dynamic force feedback sensations await.
When the steering wheel is directly mounted to the motor shaft, there’s no belt or gear drive to dilute the force feedback effects. The clear choice of all professional drivers and enthusiast sim racers is now available to a broader audience.
PLUG AND PLAY.
Our strong relationship with game developers means the CSL DD has broad compatibility and consistent behaviour across many popular titles. The Standard Tuning Menu has been simplified, allowing beginners to start quickly without having to worry about settings. The Advanced Tuning Menu remains for enthusiasts.
The CSL DD 8 Nm package includes the Boost Kit 180, a powerful 180W power supply that unlocks the full performance of the direct drive motor.
8 NM PEAK TORQUE.
Using the included Boost Kit 180, the CSL DD operates in its 8 Nm mode. This provides much stronger feedback, and as a result, you’ll feel the subtle cues more clearly too.
SMALL SIZE. HUGE PERFORMANCE.
This high level of torque can be sustained without the need for active cooling, with the extruded and CNC-machined aluminium casing acting as the structural chassis as well as the heatsink.
Torque to the hands.
The 100% custom motor was developed in Germany specifically for sim racing. It delivers sensational performance thanks to patented FluxBarrier technology, communicating the nuances of force feedback detail to your hands with remarkable clarity.
EFFICIENT AND RESPONSIVE.
The efficiency of the CSL DD motor technology means dynamic force-feedback performance is contained in a small footprint. This is also the first industrial motor to feature a carbon fibre composite motor shaft, which increases responsiveness and acceleration significantly due to low rotational masses.
Enjoy balanced force feedback with the Standard Tuning Menu without worrying about settings. The Advanced Tuning Menu unlocks all the filters, so you can fine-tune the strength, smoothness, and mechanical feel of the force feedback, even while driving.
- Direct-Drive system delivers instant, detailed force feedback
- Boost Kit 180 included
- Linear, consistent performance (8 Nm peak torque)
- Patented, exclusive FluxBarrier technology optimises motor efficiency and smoothness
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures game compatibility out of the box for all major racing games
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences
- High-resolution (contactless) Hall-position-sensor, same as Podium Series
- Steering axis made from carbon fibre-enhanced composite
- Fanless: wheel base housing is made from aluminium (passive heat sink, core structural component) with composite end caps
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable)
- Slip ring system (life-tested for thousands of hours) provides cable-free delivery of power and data to steering wheels
- Automotive-grade quick release, exchangeable
- T-nut rail system on sides and bottom for easily adjustable hard-mounting
- Optional table clamp (sold separately), supports 5 to 60 mm table thickness
- Power supply
- USB-C to PC / console
- Fanatec DataPort-C
- Shifter 1
- Shifter 2 (Sequential only)
- Front-mounted threaded inserts for Fanatec accessories (e.g. ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles, available separately). Not intended for front-mounting the wheel base to a sim racing chassis/cockpit.
The CSL DD is compatible with:
- Fanatec Podium Steering Wheels
- Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- Fanatec ClubSport Shifters (including ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles)
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake V1 and V1.5
- Fanatec RennSport Cockpits
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- CSL DD Table Clamp
- Boost Kit 180
- Podium Mounting Brackets (the CSL DD includes M6 T-nuts for side-mounting; the Podium Mounting Brackets require the use of M6 bolts and washers)
- PC: This wheel base is compatible with PC when combined with a Fanatec Steering Wheel. Check the individual Steering Wheel product pages for Wheel Base compatibility.
- Xbox®: This wheel base becomes compatible with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S when used with any Fanatec Xbox-licensed steering wheel.
- PlayStation®: This product is not compatible with any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
- Not suitable for children.A Direct Drive Wheel Base is not a toy! The fast movements of the steering wheel and strong torque can be dangerous. Please read the safety instructions.
- In order to enable features such as Steering Wheel LEDs in some titles, it may be necessary to switch the CSL DD to Compatibility Mode. This can also help with titles not working in standard PC mode. Check the Quick Guide for details.
- Only the standard 90W power supply or the Boost Kit 180 can be used with this wheel base. The use of any other power supply will void the wheel base warranty, is potentially dangerous and can lead to serious injury or death.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 38cm x 29cm x 25cm
- Weight: 6.85kg
- Volume weight: 5.51kg
- CSL DD wheel base
- Boost Kit 180 power supply (regional)
- 4x T-nuts for rail mount system
- USB cable (Type-C to Type-A)
- Quick Guide
|PC, XBox One Ready