This is not a replica.
Developed together with BMW M Motorsport, the Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 is the actual wheel made for the 2022 BMW M4 GT3 race car.
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND.
It doesn’t get more authentic than this. For the first time in sim racing history, a steering wheel has been developed for both a real race car and for sim racing. Your search for realism ends here.
THIS IS THE REAL DEAL.
What you buy on this page is 100% what we designed for BMW M Motorsport. We manufacture the steering wheel for every BMW M4 GT3, and you can own one too.
More than meets the eye.
The M4 GT3 wheel is covered in features, some of which are not obvious at a glance, such as dual-action magnetic shifters, dual-analogue clutch paddles with adjustable travel, two extra rear-mounted buttons, and the D-pad hidden under the BMW logo.
An array of 12 front-facing buttons plus 2 more at the rear are perfectly placed for quick access. Dual-action (push/pull) magnetic shifters allow upshifting and downshifting on the same paddle, or they can function as four separate inputs. The grip-mounted rotary encoders have a strong, positive click, using Hall sensors for precision and reliability.
The RGB LEDs behind all 12 front-facing buttons plus backlit multi-position switches means you’ll always find the right input in the heat of competition. Programmable via CAN bus in the real car, and via FanaLab on your PC, the backlit buttons can even function as RevLEDs or tyre slip indicators.
Homologated for GT3 racing and optimised with feedback from BMW M Motorsport works drivers, the Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 is built for ultimate performance on track and in the sim.
We’ve built a wheel that can withstand the harshest of racing conditions in the cockpit of a GT3 car, tested to the same extremes as the car itself. Thanks to its full carbon fibre construction it is incredibly strong and light.
QR2 PRO WHEEL-SIDE.
The Podium Steering Wheel M4 GT3 is now preinstalled with the QR2 Pro Wheel-Side quick release, designed for both real and virtual racing applications. It features fully CNC-machined parts from billet aluminium, developed to meet real-world motorsport requirements.
- Official BMW M Motorsport product
- Lightweight, multi-layer (8 layers) full carbon fibre body
- Homologated for GT3 racing (meets FIA standards)
- Forged carbon means every wheel has a unique surface finish
- Anti-reflective coating reduces glare in cockpit
- 1700 g (approx.) including quick release
- 308 mm diameter
- Durable rubber hand grips (Shore 60) moulded over carbon fibre structure
- Dual-action (push/pull) magnetic shifters
- Carbon fibre paddles
- Push function allows upshifting and downshifting with one hand or can be assigned to a separate input
- Adjustable paddle position
- 14 buttons (12 front-facing, 2 rear-facing) with 700 g activation force
- RGB LED-backlit front buttons (colour-adjustable and dimmable, interchangeable button inserts)
- Can operate as RevLEDs
- Customisable via FanaLab (PC only)
- Two custom-designed, 12-step, grip-mounted encoders
- Strong resistance means you feel every click, even when wearing gloves
- Can be thumb-operated or finger-operated depending on your preferred grip
- Contactless Hall sensors
- BMW logo operates as a 4-way D-pad
- Navigate menus or assign to other inputs (where supported)
- Adjust Tuning Menu settings
- 1″ OLED display
- Shows telemetry data such as speed or gear, when supported through the Fanatec SDK
- Adjust force feedback and other hardware settings via Tuning Menu (in combination with Tuning Button and D-pad)
- Three 12-way multi-position switches
- Backlit in different colours
- Multi-position modes and rotary encoder mode
- Two analogue clutch paddles
- Ultra-reliable dual-Hall sensors for each paddle
- Adjustable travel
- Advanced clutch bite-point mode, adjustable and savable in Tuning Menu
- Clutch/handbrake mode
- Brake/throttle mode
- Mappable analogue axis mode
- QR2 Pro Wheel-Side
- Meets FIA standards
- Built for both real-world motorsport and sim racing
- CNC-machined from aviation-grade billet aluminium
- New-generation firmware, updatable via included cable
- Compatible with Windows PC
- Compatible with all PS4 and PS5 consoles when connected to a PlayStation-licensed wheel base
- Communicates with 2022 BMW M4 GT3 via CAN bus
- Designed and developed in Bavaria by Fanatec and BMW M Motorsport
This product is only compatible with the following wheel bases:
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1 PS4™
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL DD Wheel Base
- Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base
- QR1 Wheel-Side
- QR2 Wheel-Side
- QR2 Pro Wheel-Side
- PC: this product is compatible with Windows PC.
- Xbox: this product is not compatible with Xbox systems.
- PlayStation: The functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support). The full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC: this is also game-dependent. PlayStation 5: Check our platform compatibility page for more details.
- In order to operate this product, a compatible Fanatec Wheel Base (not included) or 2022 BMW M4 GT3 (not included) is mandatory! A firmware update might be necessary.
- Due to the electronic requirements of the BMW M4 GT3, it is not possible to update the steering wheel firmware through a Fanatec wheel base – it must be performed using the included update cable.
- Click here for all the details about QR2.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 31cm x 21cm x 20cm
- Weight: 2kg
- Volume weight: 3kg
- Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3
- QR2 Pro Wheel-Side preinstalled
- QR2 update cable
- Quick Guide
|PC, PS4 Ready
|Dual analog paddle modes
|Advanced clutch bite-point mode, Brake/throttle mode, Clutch/handbrake mode, Clutch bite-point mode, Mappable analog axis mode
|Detachable button caps
|1″ 128×64 OLED
|Paddle shifter adjustability
|Distance to rim
|RevLED emulation via illuminated buttons